Rita Hart was elected to the Iowa Senate in 2012 and re-elected in 2014. She represents Clinton County, as well as northern and eastern parts of Scott County.
Senator Hart is vice-chair of the Economic Development Budget Subcommittee. She also serves on the Agriculture, Economic Growth, Education, Local Government and Veterans Affairs committees.
Senator Hart earned her Associate of Arts degree from North Iowa Area Community College. She earned her Bachelor’s degree from the University of Northern Iowa and a Master’s degree in Educational Administration from the University of Iowa. She worked as a teacher for more than 20 years in the Calamus-Wheatland and Bennett school districts.
Rita has previously served as:
- Member of the Clinton County Coordinating Justice Commission
- Member of the Clinton County Planning and Zoning Commission
- Befriender at Genesis West Hospital, Davenport
She also presently serves as:
- Chair of Clinton County Economic Development Coordinating Council
- International Exchange Coordinator for High School Exchange (EF)
- Member and cantor at St. Ann’s Catholic Church, Long Grove
- Board member, Salvation Army in Clinton
Rita and her husband, Paul, have been married for 34 years. They are lifelong Iowans who’ve owned and operated a farm in the Wheatland community since 1986. They have five children.